Blog: What's in a name? Nothing much
Dean Best | 30 January 2008
What’s in a name? Clearly, it’s not just Shakespeare that has pondered that question.
Over in China, apparently, one of the country’s leading dairy companies has been mulling over that very issue.
Amnutria Dairy has changed its corporate moniker to Emerald Dairy, the company has announced. So what, you may ask?
Well, the company’s CFO has clearly thought long and hard about the name change.
"Our goal to increase our size and production capacity over the new few years focuses mainly on the build-out of our processing facilities, so we feel our new name and ticker more accurately reflects this core growth strategy,” Shu Kaneko said.
Cue puzzled looks among the just-food news team. Couldn’t they just say they plumped for Emerald because it sounds nicer?
Or are they going to launch green milk? Or maybe export to Ireland?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review