Blog: What's in a name? Nothing much
Dean Best | 30 January 2008
What’s in a name? Clearly, it’s not just Shakespeare that has pondered that question.
Over in China, apparently, one of the country’s leading dairy companies has been mulling over that very issue.
Amnutria Dairy has changed its corporate moniker to Emerald Dairy, the company has announced. So what, you may ask?
Well, the company’s CFO has clearly thought long and hard about the name change.
"Our goal to increase our size and production capacity over the new few years focuses mainly on the build-out of our processing facilities, so we feel our new name and ticker more accurately reflects this core growth strategy,” Shu Kaneko said.
Cue puzzled looks among the just-food news team. Couldn’t they just say they plumped for Emerald because it sounds nicer?
Or are they going to launch green milk? Or maybe export to Ireland?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report