Blog: When in Rome…
Catherine Sleep | 14 June 2004
I’m off at the crack of dawn tomorrow to attend this week’s CIES World Food Business Summit in Rome. I look forward to hearing from a raft of eminent speakers, including fat tax advocate Marion Nestle. She’s bound to rattle a few cages, especially as she’s followed onto the podium by Mats Lederhausen from McDonald’s, who is planning to “share lessons on nutrition” with us. Inspired scheduling from CIES.
Other high-profile speakers include Mike Moore, former director general of the WTO, Wal-Mart International president John Menzers and Ahold CEO Anders Moberg.
If any of you are attending, please do come over and say hello as it’s always good to meet readers.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up