Blog: When will Morrisons let Dalton shine?
Dean Best | 5 May 2010
Morrisons publishes its latest trading figures tomorrow (6 May) and industry watchers would have been expecting to hear from the UK retailer's new chief executive, Dalton Philips.
Its first-quarter sales numbers could have provided the market with the opportunity to hear the former Loblaw executive's thoughts on Morrisons' continued recent robust performance - and perhaps listen out for any hints on if/when the retailer could expand in non-food or move online.
Alas, in a missive sent out today, Morrisons said it will be finance chief Richard Pennycook and not Philips who will host a press conference call on the data, so it seems we will have to wait a little longer to hear the Irishman's analysis of the business.
Philips' predecessor Marc Bolland could be forgiven for wishing the new Morrisons boss was fielding questions.
The spotlight will be shining firmly on the Dutchman over the next 24 hours after it emerged today that Ian Dyson, finance director at Bolland's new firm Marks and Spencer, is to leave the business for the chief executive's job at pubs group Punch Taverns.
Perhaps not what Bolland had in mind for his second official day in the M&S hot seat.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review