Blog: Where are the Cadbury bosses?
Catherine Sleep | 5 July 2006
Salmonella has contaminated their flagship brand, millions of products have been withdrawn and consumer confidence has been shattered, but where, oh where, are the people at the helm of Cadbury? This is a time when the most senior figures at the beleaguered company need to step up, get in front of the camera, explain what went wrong, why they proceeded as they did and what they are doing to rectify the matter and regain consumer trust. Yet silence reigns, and this time it’s not golden.
There are times when less is more, but this is not one of them. I’m not suggesting consumers are demanding a Snow Brand-style collective falling-upon-swords from top managers, nor even a sudden resignation à la David Beckham, but it is imperative that senior figures make a tangible and, above all else, public gesture. Sorry may well seem to the hardest word but it might also prove the most effective if Cadbury wants to show its loyal customers that it gives a monkey’s about their wellbeing.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report