Blog: While just-food is closed over Easter...
Dean Best | 24 March 2016
just-food is closed tomorrow and on Monday for the Easter holidays but there's plenty of key news and insight from this week for you to digest.
Alongside the Premier Foods plc takeover saga this week, we've been following the flurry of US companies announcing plans to label foods on sale domestically containing genetically-modified ingredients.
You can also read the two-part interview with John Haugen, the head of General Mills' investment arm 301 Inc., here.
Next week, expect to see our coverage from the Consumer Analyst Group Europe investment conference, where Glanbia, Danone, Tyson Foods and McDonald's (but, in the end, not Premier) were among the companies discussing their performance and outlook with Europe's investment community.
For those marking it, have a good Easter break.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Dairy, Frozen, Mergers & acquisitions, Natural & organic, Private label, Snacks, World foods
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report