Blog: While just-food is closed over Easter...
Dean Best | 24 March 2016
just-food is closed tomorrow and on Monday for the Easter holidays but there's plenty of key news and insight from this week for you to digest.
Alongside the Premier Foods plc takeover saga this week, we've been following the flurry of US companies announcing plans to label foods on sale domestically containing genetically-modified ingredients.
You can also read the two-part interview with John Haugen, the head of General Mills' investment arm 301 Inc., here.
Next week, expect to see our coverage from the Consumer Analyst Group Europe investment conference, where Glanbia, Danone, Tyson Foods and McDonald's (but, in the end, not Premier) were among the companies discussing their performance and outlook with Europe's investment community.
For those marking it, have a good Easter break.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Dairy, Frozen, Mergers & acquisitions, Natural & organic, Private label, Snacks, World foods
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1