Blog: While just-food is closed over Easter...
Dean Best | 24 March 2016
just-food is closed tomorrow and on Monday for the Easter holidays but there's plenty of key news and insight from this week for you to digest.
Alongside the Premier Foods plc takeover saga this week, we've been following the flurry of US companies announcing plans to label foods on sale domestically containing genetically-modified ingredients.
You can also read the two-part interview with John Haugen, the head of General Mills' investment arm 301 Inc., here.
Next week, expect to see our coverage from the Consumer Analyst Group Europe investment conference, where Glanbia, Danone, Tyson Foods and McDonald's (but, in the end, not Premier) were among the companies discussing their performance and outlook with Europe's investment community.
For those marking it, have a good Easter break.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Dairy, Frozen, Mergers & acquisitions, Natural & organic, Private label, Snacks, World foods
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group