Blog: Who to turn to for the perfect soundbite? Simply D Best
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 July 2009
A number of eagle-eyed readers out there have already spotted the appearance last night of our very own Dean Best on the BBC's Money Programme.
In the fourth programme of a series on the recession, Masterchef's Gregg Wallace was looking into the effect of the downturn on the British food economy, and our managing editor was given ample time on air to give us his pearls of wisdom.
There is little doubt by the end of the programme that consumers have significantly altered the way that they shop for food in the UK. And, the large supermarkets have been forced to respond to consumer demands in an unprecedented way in the last 12 months.
As those proverbial green shoots of recovery threaten to show themselves, the question supermarket strategists are now asking is whether these new shopping patterns are here to stay?
I'll leave it to a soundbite from last night from our new resident media star to answer that: "This downturn has had a profound impact on the way we shop. Consumers are realising they can get a kick out of finding a bargain and I don't think that will go when the economy recovers."
Chris Brook-Carter - editorial director
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report