Blog: Will Lindt figures be sweet enough?
Dean Best | 15 March 2010
Think of Switzerland and the mind turns to three Cs - clocks, cheese and chocolate.
just-food will tomorrow travel to the headquarters of one of the country's leading chocolate makers, Lindt & Sprungli, as the company publishes its 2009 financial results.
In January, upmarket chocolatier Lindt, which has found the downturn particularly challenging, said its 2009 sales had dipped and warned that profits would come in at the low end of its forecast - a forecast
that already set 2009 profits as lower than those booked in 2008.
Tomorrow, Lindt will publish its profit figures for 2009 but of more interest will be the company's guidance for 2010.
Kepler Capital Markets analyst Jon Cox says Lindt has indicated that it can return to 2008 operating profit levels in 2010 but he wonders whether the business will meet that target.
"We suspect that high raw material prices will weigh and the company won't be able to increase prices to protect its margin," Cox warns.
UK consumers are being urged to think of other ways to use their jack-o-lanterns and cut the millions of tonnes of pumpkin that is wasted at this time of year....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report