Blog: Will Lindt figures be sweet enough?
Dean Best | 15 March 2010
Think of Switzerland and the mind turns to three Cs - clocks, cheese and chocolate.
just-food will tomorrow travel to the headquarters of one of the country's leading chocolate makers, Lindt & Sprungli, as the company publishes its 2009 financial results.
In January, upmarket chocolatier Lindt, which has found the downturn particularly challenging, said its 2009 sales had dipped and warned that profits would come in at the low end of its forecast - a forecast
that already set 2009 profits as lower than those booked in 2008.
Tomorrow, Lindt will publish its profit figures for 2009 but of more interest will be the company's guidance for 2010.
Kepler Capital Markets analyst Jon Cox says Lindt has indicated that it can return to 2008 operating profit levels in 2010 but he wonders whether the business will meet that target.
"We suspect that high raw material prices will weigh and the company won't be able to increase prices to protect its margin," Cox warns.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities