Blog: Wimm-Bill-Dann beefs up war-chest
Dean Best | 6 July 2010
Russian dairy and baby food group Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods gave a sign of its financial firepower today (6 July) with news of a US$300m bond issue.
The company said strong demand from investors at home and abroad had enabled it to double its initial bond offering.
CEO Tony Maher said the investor demand was a "striking endorsement" of the company's "sound fundamentals, business model and strong growth prospects".
News of the bond issue comes swiftly on the back of Wimm-Bill-Dann's reported comments last month that it was on the look-out for acquisitions at home and abroad.
And it also comes with French dairy giant Danone beefing up its presence in Wimm-Bill-Dann's backyard with its venture with Russian milk processor Unimilk.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities