Blog: "World's second most-powerful woman" visits Bournville
Dean Best | 7 October 2010
The Cadbury workers at its historic Bournville site are today (7 October) set to see the visit of one of the world's most powerful women.
No, not Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton or Angela Merkel - but Irene Rosenfeld, the chairman and CEO of parent company Kraft Foods.
It is Rosenfeld's first visit to the factory since Kraft bought Cadbury in February and, given the then heated reaction to the US firm's takeover of the UK confectioner, it has attracted more column inches than the usual business trip.
The list was headed by the US First Lady, who just beat Rosenfeld to top spot. At number two, Rosenfeld was judged more powerful than Merkel (4th) and Secretary of State Clinton (5th).
PepsiCo chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi came in at number six - just above Poker Face herself Lady Gaga.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities