Blog: You all know what Canola is – right?
Catherine Sleep | 14 July 2005
I did wonder if I should point out that canola and oilseed rape are the same crop. But then I thought better of it. Just-food readers know things like that, I thought. Don’t insult their intelligence, I thought. Just as just-food readers know, I’m sure, that when Americans say corn they mean maize.
You can’t take that for granted. In my local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there’s a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it that says ‘wheat’. And under it there are hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
News Editor, just-food.com
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report