Blog: You all know what Canola is – right?
Catherine Sleep | 14 July 2005
I did wonder if I should point out that canola and oilseed rape are the same crop. But then I thought better of it. Just-food readers know things like that, I thought. Don’t insult their intelligence, I thought. Just as just-food readers know, I’m sure, that when Americans say corn they mean maize.
You can’t take that for granted. In my local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there’s a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it that says ‘wheat’. And under it there are hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
News Editor, just-food.com
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods