Blog: You all know what Canola is – right?
Catherine Sleep | 14 July 2005
I did wonder if I should point out that canola and oilseed rape are the same crop. But then I thought better of it. Just-food readers know things like that, I thought. Don’t insult their intelligence, I thought. Just as just-food readers know, I’m sure, that when Americans say corn they mean maize.
You can’t take that for granted. In my local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there’s a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it that says ‘wheat’. And under it there are hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
News Editor, just-food.com
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"