Blog: You all know what Canola is – right?
Catherine Sleep | 14 July 2005
I did wonder if I should point out that canola and oilseed rape are the same crop. But then I thought better of it. Just-food readers know things like that, I thought. Don’t insult their intelligence, I thought. Just as just-food readers know, I’m sure, that when Americans say corn they mean maize.
You can’t take that for granted. In my local branch of Wal-Mart’s Asda supermarket there’s a breakfast cereal aisle with a big sign over part of it that says ‘wheat’. And under it there are hundreds of boxes of cornflakes.
News Editor, just-food.com
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group