Blog: You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
Catherine Sleep | 17 December 2004
Since men and their shortcomings or otherwise are the topic of the day, here’s a suggestion from the British Egg Industry Council designed to help the poor critters cope with making themselves a humble omelette.
Cath MacDonald from the BEIC said: “The majority of omelette SOS calls are from men, who clearly don’t have a clue in the kitchen. Knowing how most men think, rather than tell them just how easy it was, we thought we’d find a really complicated way to show something really simple!”
2E + 25mlH20 + 0.25gNacl) + (6.5n (f) x 25.5cm (d) = 2193.75ncm) + ↑ = PO
(2 eggs + 25ml water + 0.25 salt) + (6.5 newtons (force) x 25.5 (distance) = 2193.75 newton cm) + ↑ (heat) = (PO) Perfect Omelette.
So now you know. What could be easier?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report