Blog: You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
Catherine Sleep | 17 December 2004
Since men and their shortcomings or otherwise are the topic of the day, here’s a suggestion from the British Egg Industry Council designed to help the poor critters cope with making themselves a humble omelette.
Cath MacDonald from the BEIC said: “The majority of omelette SOS calls are from men, who clearly don’t have a clue in the kitchen. Knowing how most men think, rather than tell them just how easy it was, we thought we’d find a really complicated way to show something really simple!”
2E + 25mlH20 + 0.25gNacl) + (6.5n (f) x 25.5cm (d) = 2193.75ncm) + ↑ = PO
(2 eggs + 25ml water + 0.25 salt) + (6.5 newtons (force) x 25.5 (distance) = 2193.75 newton cm) + ↑ (heat) = (PO) Perfect Omelette.
So now you know. What could be easier?
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea