Blog: You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
Catherine Sleep | 17 December 2004
Since men and their shortcomings or otherwise are the topic of the day, here’s a suggestion from the British Egg Industry Council designed to help the poor critters cope with making themselves a humble omelette.
Cath MacDonald from the BEIC said: “The majority of omelette SOS calls are from men, who clearly don’t have a clue in the kitchen. Knowing how most men think, rather than tell them just how easy it was, we thought we’d find a really complicated way to show something really simple!”
2E + 25mlH20 + 0.25gNacl) + (6.5n (f) x 25.5cm (d) = 2193.75ncm) + ↑ = PO
(2 eggs + 25ml water + 0.25 salt) + (6.5 newtons (force) x 25.5 (distance) = 2193.75 newton cm) + ↑ (heat) = (PO) Perfect Omelette.
So now you know. What could be easier?
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO