Blog: You can't win 'em all...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
After heralding the start of silly season earlier this morning, just-food's editor wants to hold up his hands and say: "I got it wrong."
No sooner had our blog pages cast doubt on whether Cadbury would have really made a takeover bid for Chewits maker, Leaf International, then the UK confectionery giant confirmed it did in fact table an offer.
Still, you can't blame us for being sceptical; after all, Cadbury has long talked about its desire to expand its presence in the gum business, which made a bid for Chewits unlikely (or so we thought).
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review