Blog: You can't win 'em all...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
After heralding the start of silly season earlier this morning, just-food's editor wants to hold up his hands and say: "I got it wrong."
No sooner had our blog pages cast doubt on whether Cadbury would have really made a takeover bid for Chewits maker, Leaf International, then the UK confectionery giant confirmed it did in fact table an offer.
Still, you can't blame us for being sceptical; after all, Cadbury has long talked about its desire to expand its presence in the gum business, which made a bid for Chewits unlikely (or so we thought).
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK