Blog: You can't win 'em all...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
After heralding the start of silly season earlier this morning, just-food's editor wants to hold up his hands and say: "I got it wrong."
No sooner had our blog pages cast doubt on whether Cadbury would have really made a takeover bid for Chewits maker, Leaf International, then the UK confectionery giant confirmed it did in fact table an offer.
Still, you can't blame us for being sceptical; after all, Cadbury has long talked about its desire to expand its presence in the gum business, which made a bid for Chewits unlikely (or so we thought).
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses