Blog: You can't win 'em all...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
After heralding the start of silly season earlier this morning, just-food's editor wants to hold up his hands and say: "I got it wrong."
No sooner had our blog pages cast doubt on whether Cadbury would have really made a takeover bid for Chewits maker, Leaf International, then the UK confectionery giant confirmed it did in fact table an offer.
Still, you can't blame us for being sceptical; after all, Cadbury has long talked about its desire to expand its presence in the gum business, which made a bid for Chewits unlikely (or so we thought).
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations