Blog: You can't win 'em all...
Dean Best | 1 June 2009
After heralding the start of silly season earlier this morning, just-food's editor wants to hold up his hands and say: "I got it wrong."
No sooner had our blog pages cast doubt on whether Cadbury would have really made a takeover bid for Chewits maker, Leaf International, then the UK confectionery giant confirmed it did in fact table an offer.
Still, you can't blame us for being sceptical; after all, Cadbury has long talked about its desire to expand its presence in the gum business, which made a bid for Chewits unlikely (or so we thought).
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry