Blog: “You spoil us, Mrs Ambassador”
Catherine Sleep | 8 December 2004
To say the French generally think British cuisine fails to match up to their own is to put an extremely positive spin on affairs. So it’s encouraging to learn that Penny Holmes, wife of the British ambassador in Paris, is flying the flag for her country's food in the most elite social circles.
Ms Holmes has penned a cookbook designed to show the French what a long way British nosh has come since the days of overboiled cabbage and grey mince.
Poulet tikka masala, anyone?
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill