Blog: “You spoil us, Mrs Ambassador”
Catherine Sleep | 8 December 2004
To say the French generally think British cuisine fails to match up to their own is to put an extremely positive spin on affairs. So it’s encouraging to learn that Penny Holmes, wife of the British ambassador in Paris, is flying the flag for her country's food in the most elite social circles.
Ms Holmes has penned a cookbook designed to show the French what a long way British nosh has come since the days of overboiled cabbage and grey mince.
Poulet tikka masala, anyone?
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up