Blog: “You spoil us, Mrs Ambassador”
Catherine Sleep | 8 December 2004
To say the French generally think British cuisine fails to match up to their own is to put an extremely positive spin on affairs. So it’s encouraging to learn that Penny Holmes, wife of the British ambassador in Paris, is flying the flag for her country's food in the most elite social circles.
Ms Holmes has penned a cookbook designed to show the French what a long way British nosh has come since the days of overboiled cabbage and grey mince.
Poulet tikka masala, anyone?
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits