Blog: “You spoil us, Mrs Ambassador”
Catherine Sleep | 8 December 2004
To say the French generally think British cuisine fails to match up to their own is to put an extremely positive spin on affairs. So it’s encouraging to learn that Penny Holmes, wife of the British ambassador in Paris, is flying the flag for her country's food in the most elite social circles.
Ms Holmes has penned a cookbook designed to show the French what a long way British nosh has come since the days of overboiled cabbage and grey mince.
Poulet tikka masala, anyone?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance