Webinar: What role do promotions have in frugal times?
This event took place on July 3, 2012 at 2pm UK / 9am US / 3pm EUR /10pm HKT
just-food's latest webinar brings in executive vice president of the International Consulting Group at SymphonyIRI, Rod Street, to discuss a new report from the FMCG analysis firm on trade promotions.
Rod Street will outline the key findings of a SymphonyIRI report on pricing and promotions in Europe. The research analyses how consumer behaviour in the toughest economic conditions for a generation has affected trade promotions.
The webinar will answer key questions including:
- Is the role of promotions changing?
- Are shoppers still seduced by "buy two get three" offers when they need to control their spending?
- Are EDLP approaches likely to grow as a response to thrifty consumers or does the excitement of the promotion still animate POS and enrich a retailer's offer?
After Rod Street introduces the report, he will discuss its conclusions with just-food managing editor Dean Best.
Finally, the webinar as always will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report