Webinar: What role do promotions have in frugal times?
This event took place on July 3, 2012 at 2pm UK / 9am US / 3pm EUR /10pm HKT
just-food's latest webinar brings in executive vice president of the International Consulting Group at SymphonyIRI, Rod Street, to discuss a new report from the FMCG analysis firm on trade promotions.
Rod Street will outline the key findings of a SymphonyIRI report on pricing and promotions in Europe. The research analyses how consumer behaviour in the toughest economic conditions for a generation has affected trade promotions.
The webinar will answer key questions including:
- Is the role of promotions changing?
- Are shoppers still seduced by "buy two get three" offers when they need to control their spending?
- Are EDLP approaches likely to grow as a response to thrifty consumers or does the excitement of the promotion still animate POS and enrich a retailer's offer?
After Rod Street introduces the report, he will discuss its conclusions with just-food managing editor Dean Best.
Finally, the webinar as always will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"