Webinar: What role do promotions have in frugal times?
This event took place on July 3, 2012 at 2pm UK / 9am US / 3pm EUR /10pm HKT
just-food's latest webinar brings in executive vice president of the International Consulting Group at SymphonyIRI, Rod Street, to discuss a new report from the FMCG analysis firm on trade promotions.
Rod Street will outline the key findings of a SymphonyIRI report on pricing and promotions in Europe. The research analyses how consumer behaviour in the toughest economic conditions for a generation has affected trade promotions.
The webinar will answer key questions including:
- Is the role of promotions changing?
- Are shoppers still seduced by "buy two get three" offers when they need to control their spending?
- Are EDLP approaches likely to grow as a response to thrifty consumers or does the excitement of the promotion still animate POS and enrich a retailer's offer?
After Rod Street introduces the report, he will discuss its conclusions with just-food managing editor Dean Best.
Finally, the webinar as always will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report