Webinar: What role do promotions have in frugal times?
This event took place on July 3, 2012 at 2pm UK / 9am US / 3pm EUR /10pm HKT
just-food's latest webinar brings in executive vice president of the International Consulting Group at SymphonyIRI, Rod Street, to discuss a new report from the FMCG analysis firm on trade promotions.
Rod Street will outline the key findings of a SymphonyIRI report on pricing and promotions in Europe. The research analyses how consumer behaviour in the toughest economic conditions for a generation has affected trade promotions.
The webinar will answer key questions including:
- Is the role of promotions changing?
- Are shoppers still seduced by "buy two get three" offers when they need to control their spending?
- Are EDLP approaches likely to grow as a response to thrifty consumers or does the excitement of the promotion still animate POS and enrich a retailer's offer?
After Rod Street introduces the report, he will discuss its conclusions with just-food managing editor Dean Best.
Finally, the webinar as always will include a Q&A session, giving you the chance to get involved.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK