BRF forms venture with UK-based Invicta

BRF forms venture with UK-based Invicta

BRF is to form a venture with UK-based foodservice supplier Invicta Food Group to serve the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.

The joint venture will supply meat and poultry products to the foodservice industries in the UK, Ireland and the Nordic countries. For BRF, the partnership represents an opportunity to extend its reach to the "significant managed pub and restaurant sector of the UK foodservice industry".

Invicta has contributed its operations to the venture. BRF has paid GBP18m for a 62% share in the venture. The UK firm's shareholders will own the remaining 38%.

BRF said the transaction is "in line with its strategic plan to globalise the company accessing local markets, strengthening BRF's brands, distributing and expanding its product portfolio around the world".