Steve Lawson and Jacques Trottier become co-CEOs

Steve Lawson and Jacques Trottier become co-CEOs

Labeyrie Fine Foods has appointed joint chief executives to head up the French manufacturer following the "departure" of Frédérick Bouisset. 

Current employees Steve Lawson and Jacques Trottier will take up the co-CEO role, which Labeyrie said will enable the seafood and foie gras producer to implement an "effective strategy and thus ensure the dynamic development of the group over time", according to a statement. The company declined to comment on the reason for Bouisset's exit when contacted by just-food.

Lawson joined the branded retail and foodservice provider in 2018 as its administrative and financial director and has previously worked at companies including ingredients supplier Firmenich and bakery group Cerelia.

Trottier was serving as the company's general manager of the BU Premium & Trendy Foods division, a position he held since 2018 having first been appointed in 2003 as Labeyrie's commercial director. 

Labeyrie also manufactures appetisers and duck meat products along with a seafood range such as sushi, with its portfolio consisting of its namesake brand, Blini, Atelier Blini, Delpierre and Père Olive. The company said it generates annual revenues of around EUR1.1bn (US$1.2bn) and operates 19 facilities worldwide.

The business is majority owned by private-equity firm PAI Partners and the Basque-based cooperative Lur-Berri, which hold a joint split of 91.25% of the shares, while Labeyrie's shareholders own the remaining 8.75%, a spokesperson for the company confirmed.