Russian hypermarket chain Lenta is staying tight-lipped over the rumoured sale of a stake in the business.

Reports have claimed that the two remaining bidders are French retail giant Carrefour and Croatia's Agrokor. Potential suitors previously linked to Lenta have included Wal-Mart and Finland's Kesko.

According to media in Russia, Lenta's owners are selling an 89% stake in the company. The remaining 11% is held by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

When contacted by just-food today (20 August), both Lenta and Carrefour declined to comment.