Blog: Fruit & veg knockout

Catherine Sleep | 18 April 2006

Has April Fool’s Day come a fortnight late? Sixteen shoppers in a Sydney greengrocer’s have been hospitalised after they were knocked unconscious by fumes from rotting fruit and vegetables.

Some 50 people were evacuated after customers began to fall ill. It was initially thought there must be a gas leak. It took firefighters several hours to identify the fruit and vegetables as the source of the problem. You couldn’t make it up, could you?

Rotting fruit gas knocks out shoppers


BLOG

UK regulator shines light on Amazon's Deliveroo investment

Amazon's move to invest in UK food-delivery business Deliveroo caught the eye when it was announced in May – but it’s also attracted the attention of the country’s competition regulator....

BLOG

Amazon tries again in UK food delivery

Perhaps today's most eye-catching corporate food story here in the UK is Amazon's decision to invest in food-delivery business Deliveroo....



Forgot your password?