Swiss baby food maker Hochdorf has set its sights on Germany with the acquisition of a majority share in Uckermarker Milk.

Hochdorf has taken over a 60% share in Uckermarker in a bid to grow its presence in the German market. The remaining 40% will be retained by Ostmilch Handels. It also sees Hochdorf take up a 26% stake in Ostmilch Handels.

Hochdorf hopes to expand Uckermarker's dried milk factory in Prenzlau to a baby food production facility. 

The deal is expected to close in January 2015.