The Institute of Economic Affairs, a UK think tank, raised an important issue yesterday (18 August) when it insisted a decline in physical a...
Mexico is a country battling diet-related health problems. The nation's diabetes right is the highest among the members of the OECD. Last ye...
Unilever hopes to rejuvenate its lacklustre food sales in developed markets by using innovation to move its brands into the growth spots of...
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke is to step down from the UK retailer, with the announcement made this morning (21 July) alongside another profit war...
Ben & Jerry's is supporting the campaign to introduce GMO labelling in the US. Unlike the majority of conventional US food manufacturers, the Unilever-owned ice cream maker is also throwing its weight behind the introduction of such legislation on a state-by-state basis. Katy Askew spoke to Ben & Jerry's social mission activism manager Chris Miller to find out more.
Alpro has had three owners in four years but one executive that has been at the company throughout is CEO Bernard Deryckere. He talks to Dean Best about the success Alpro, now owned by US firm WhiteWave Foods, has had with the recent expansion of its product portfolio.
US food group Pinnacle Foods saw sales and profits rise in the first half of 2014, helped in part by last year's acquisition of salad dressings business Wish-Bone from Unilever.
Unilever missed first-half organic sales expectations as a continued slowdown in emerging markets and a lacklustre performance from its food business impacted the group's top line result.
Unilever is to close an ice cream manufacturing plant in Florida, a move that sees 230 jobs put at risk.
This week, Unilever announced the sale of Slim-Fast to Kainos Capital. Abbott and Fonterra announced a partnership to create a dairy farm hub in China and Marfrig revealed plans to investment of GBP170m into Moy Park. We also looked at why firms are queueing up to invest in Egypt and looked at the global growth of the halal food sector. Here is the week in quotes.
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging areas of growth in developed and developing markets.
UK bread manufacturer Hovis, embarking on life under the majority control of US private-equity firm Gores Group, has named former Unilever, PepsiCo and Burger King executive Nish Kankiwala its new chairman.
We all know Wal-Mart packs quite a punch. The influence the retailer has was in full force this week at the group's first ever supplier expo, when it called on the world's largest manufacturers to improve their environmental footprints - and took an eye-catching photo.
Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, S
Synopsis Canadean's "Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- Other Dairy in Russia
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape