Food Industry News, Analysis and Insights
Comprehensive coverage of the food industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-food's leading network of international journalists.
Specialist health and nutritional foods are set to become more important in the food market, according to Nestle executive vice president and head of the Europe, Middle East and North Africa zone, Luis Cantarell. In particular, Cantarell says developing food to meet the nutritional requirements of the ageing population is a key priority for the world's largest food group. >
Quorn Foods, the UK-based meat-free supplier, has enjoyed solid growth in recent years on the back of growing consumer interest in reducing - or eliminating - meat from their diet. Now owned by Philippines-based Monde Nissin after a deal last autumn, Quorn expects its expansion to continue, CEO Kevin Brennan and Andrew Staal, the company's international director, tells John Shepherd.>
Nestle's local business model enables it to weather challenges presented by events such as Brexit or the Russian trade embargo, Luis Cantarell, the head of the group's operations across Europe, the Middle East and north Africa, tells just-food. However, following a period of portfolio pruning, the Swiss company must also actively manage its global businesses to focus on areas of growth, Cantarell reveals. >
It is hard to predict just what Brexit will mean for food and drink regulations in the UK and for the country's trade arrangements with the EU, as well as third countries. Keith Nuthall sets out what could happen next.>
Uncertainty is the watchword as the UK and the EU digest British voters plumping for Brexit in yesterday's (23 June) referendum. In an exclusive column, analysts at Rabobank set out how they think the UK's departure could impact certain parts of the food sector.>
Australia has been one of the countries at the forefront of the rise of the gluten-free sector and, as the market has expanded, so more companies have entered the category. However, as the market has developed, so its rate of growth has started to slow. just-food looks at Australia's gluten-free breakfast cereal category and analyses the prospects of a still-growing but more mature segment.>
Current hot issue
How will the UK's departure from the EU affect the food industry? This page brings together the latest news and views on the impact Brexit could have on the sector.
Wow. Your correspondent is penning this blog following precious little sleep after the combination of a humid night in London and the emergence of the most significant event in UK history since 1945 made sleep tricky on Thursday night.
Stefan Kirk, of M&A advisors Glenboden, casts his eye over the food industry landscape and suggests the deal-making options that could - and should - be available to manufacturers.
Global FMCG analysts IRI gives you key insight into the trends and issues facing the food sector.
In a regular column, just-food contributing editor Ben Cooper chews over how the industry is tackling issues from obesity to labelling and from child labour to its environmental impact.
The verdict from global analysts on major company news
Exclusive data highlighting the price of brands and own-label products in key categories across Europe and the US. Compiled in association with industry analysts IRI.
We look at the potential suitors when food manufacturers or retailers are up for sale - or put forward as possible takeover targets.
just-food examines executives on the move
Coverage and analysis of the world's fastest-growing emerging markets
We put the latest CSR moves under the microscope.
The just-food team check out the latest goings-on among food retailers.
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Which manufacturers, retailers or issues are grabbing the headlines?
Food companies discuss and dissect their latest results.
- General Mills raises margin targets as earnings strengthen
- Danone eyes stake in Michel et Augustin through new investment fund
- Nestle eyes internet sales in Egypt with Souq.com tie-up
- Mars and Alibaba launch global strategic partnership
- Poult's Banketgroep buy "creates European leader" in private label biscuits
- Healthier food presents major opportunity for food manufacturers
- Perdue lifts animal welfare standards
- French chocolate maker Cemoi expands in US with Just Born tie-up
- Guylian confirms investment to boost production in Belgium
- McCormick names Smith as next CFO
- Triskalia invests in vegetable and poultry processing
- Parag Milk Foods eyes further growth as earnings surge
- Atalanta partnership to promote Scottish cheeses in US
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Chinese push to cut meat consumption
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights