Food Industry News, Analysis and Insights
Comprehensive coverage of the food industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-food's leading network of international journalists.
The demand for processed and packaged food is growing among India’s young, often aspirational and fast-expanding population. This has prompted Nestle India to target a double-digit annual growth in upcoming years. Nestle country chief Suresh Narayanan speaks to just-food about how the company intends to deliver using innovation and an advanced digital strategy. >
After a period in the economic doldrums, Thailand looks set to be a potential opportunity for domestic and international food manufacturers marketing premium wares. Poorna Rodrigo surveys what is driving demand for premium products in south-east Asia's second-largest economy.>
The growing urban lifestyle of Thai consumers has been driving demand for packaged convenient food. Convenience stores are gaining in importance for Thais amid the urbanisation of the country and look set to remain a key channel for manufacturers to target. Jens Kastner looks at the growing demand for convenience in the south-east Asian country.>
As the Thai economy shifts away from being agricultural- to more skilled-based, as well as industry-and-commerce-focused, many consumers are gaining knowledge of the nutritional value and the health benefits of certain products and ingredients. Meanwhile, Thailand’s population is ageing, which also looks set to drive demand for improved health through food. Jens Kastner surveys the development of the country's healthier food segments and looks at what could lie ahead.>
Tyson Foods, one of the world's largest meat processors, is investing in fledgling US meat-free business Beyond Meat - and the deal looks an astute one.>
Gluten-free has a well-established presence in the markets of western Europe, notably Italy, Germany and the UK, but the sector is rapidly gaining traction in eastern European countries. In just-food's series of market spotlights on the next five countries manufacturers should target, John Shepherd looks at the Czech Republic.>
Current hot issue
How will the UK's departure from the EU affect the food industry? This page brings together the latest news and views on the impact Brexit could have on the sector.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions.
Stefan Kirk, of M&A advisors Glenboden, casts his eye over the food industry landscape and suggests the deal-making options that could - and should - be available to manufacturers.
Global FMCG analysts IRI gives you key insight into the trends and issues facing the food sector.
In a regular column, just-food contributing editor Ben Cooper chews over how the industry is tackling issues from obesity to labelling and from child labour to its environmental impact.
The verdict from global analysts on major company news
Exclusive data highlighting the price of brands and own-label products in key categories across Europe and the US. Compiled in association with industry analysts IRI.
We look at the potential suitors when food manufacturers or retailers are up for sale - or put forward as possible takeover targets.
just-food examines executives on the move
Coverage and analysis of the world's fastest-growing emerging markets
We put the latest CSR moves under the microscope.
The just-food team check out the latest goings-on among food retailers.
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Which manufacturers, retailers or issues are grabbing the headlines?
Food companies discuss and dissect their latest results.
- Campbell is sole investor in US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up investment to grow chocolate, biscuit sales
- UK's Little Dish plans US debut for healthy kids meals
- First Milk sells sports nutrition unit CNP to The Protein Partners
- Bega-Blackmores formula JV missing expectations
- GMA urges US FDA to extend sodium reduction timeline
- Driscoll Management acquires Harper's Homemade Bread
- Mondelez India launches Cadbury Bournvita "tiffin" pack
- Agrial's Florette plans "highest" investment level in 2017
- Vintage Italia secures US$3m investment to support growth
- New Smithfield products target "trends in cooking and tastes"
- Nomval expands distribution of GMO-free smoothies
- The Saucy Fish Co. drives growth in Canada
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys acquisition
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report