Food Industry News, Analysis and Insights
Comprehensive coverage of the food industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-food's leading network of international journalists.
In its bid to transform Europe into a "100% responsible soy" market by 2020, the Round Table on Responsible Soy has enlisted the help of Swiss-based management consultants Malik. Ben Cooper spoke with Lieven Callewaert, the RTRS’s European representative, to find out more. >
For French dairy group Danone, improving the performance of its global dairy business and transforming it to a growth platform is a priority. As part of this drive, the company has launched an international marketing campaign for its Danonino yoghurt brand. Patricia Oliva, the global marketing director for Danonino, spoke to just-food about how the brand hopes to strike a unique chord with consumers.>
Colian Group is a Polish food maker behind well-known local brands including Jutrzenka sweet treats and Goplana chocolate. Earlier this month, Colian entered into an agreement to acquire upmarket UK chocolate group Elizabeth Shaw. Jan Kolanski, the president of Colian's management board, spoke to just-food about the group's plans.>
Hormel Foods is continuing to bolster its presence in the on-trend natural and better-for-you categories with its latest acquisition of nut-butter products maker Justin's. But how far will the elevated focus on these areas go to alleviating pressure in Hormel's refrigerated foods and pork units? Hannah Abdulla explores. >
A fresh scandal has brought the sale of fraudulent infant formula in China to the fore once again in recent weeks. Mark Godfrey examines what action is being taken to tackle the sale of fake products in the country's booming e-commerce market. >
Demand for foods billed as "natural" is growing in the US but without a clear definition of exactly what that means, can consumers trust the products? Katy Askew investigates. >
Current hot issue
The move by the giant behind Skippy peanut butter and Spam canned meats is yet another example of so-called Big Food moving for an up-and-coming, faster-growing business.
The online retail behemoth is again causing chatter throughout the sector, this time amid speculation it is set to launch more private-label products.
Stefan Kirk, of M&A advisors Glenboden, casts his eye over the food industry landscape and suggests the deal-making options that could - and should - be available to manufacturers.
Global FMCG analysts IRI gives you key insight into the trends and issues facing the food sector.
In a regular column, just-food contributing editor Ben Cooper chews over how the industry is tackling issues from obesity to labelling and from child labour to its environmental impact.
The verdict from global analysts on major company news
Exclusive data highlighting the price of brands and own-label products in key categories across Europe and the US. Compiled in association with industry analysts IRI.
We look at the potential suitors when food manufacturers or retailers are up for sale - or put forward as possible takeover targets.
just-food examines executives on the move
Coverage and analysis of the world's fastest-growing emerging markets
We put the latest CSR moves under the microscope.
The just-food team check out the latest goings-on among food retailers.
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Which manufacturers, retailers or issues are grabbing the headlines?
Food companies discuss and dissect their latest results.
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Just Mayo maker Hampton Creek 'seeks further funding for expansion'
- Vion investing in new organic beef plant in the Netherlands
- Cargill forms poultry venture with Philippines fast-food chain Jollibee
- Sanderson Farms posts lower H1 sales, profits
- Mexico's Grupo Bimbo confirms new Canada Bread site closure
- LDC expects "uncertain consumption" this year
- Lactalis Kazakhstan unit FoodMaster gets EBRD backing
- Canada's Gay Lea to buy Ontario cheese maker Black River
- Quantum Foods posts H1 profit fall
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- Dean Foods takes milk brand DairyPure into lactose-free
- Wilmar International, Adani Enterprises, Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- Hormel Foods appoints James Sheehan CFO as Jody Feragen retires
- Danish Crown profits slide in "tough" market
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton