Food Industry News, Analysis and Insights
Comprehensive coverage of the food industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-food's leading network of international journalists.
General Mills launched a "mealtime solution" brand, The Good Table, in the US last week, targeting the millennial consumer on the look-out for less processed, cleaner foods. However, there is a perception among some of those consumers that Big Food is not the place to turn for such products. How likely is this brand from a major US company to succeed? Hannah Abdulla explores. >
The economic turmoil in Greece has been one of the biggest business stories of the year. But what kind of effects has the crisis had on the ground? How have shoppers reacted? IRI's Panagiotis Boretos investigates.>
A group of 60 institutional investors has written to 15 food and drink companies urging improvement in how they manage and report on water risk in their own operations and in their supply chains. Ben Cooper reports. >
Within a year of being established, Nomad Foods has made waves in Europe's frozen food sector, snapping up Iglo Group and agreeing a deal for much of Findus Group's assets. The UK-listed company is eyeing opportunities in the US. Stefan Kirk, just-food's M&A columnist and advisor at M&A consultants Glenboden, puts forward some possible targets for Nomad. >
As if hamburger-focused concepts in the UK did not already have enough competition, now the Americans are coming, bringing many of their better burger brands across the Atlantic in order to capitalise on one of Britain’s hottest restaurant segments.>
Much attention has been focused on the impact Mexico's tax on soda tax introduced in January 2014 has had on consumption. Ben Cooper looks at the effect the parallel tax on calorie-dense foods has had on consumers and on food companies. >
Current hot issue
The UK-listed company, set up by US businessmen Noam Gottesman and Martin Franklin, has already made waves in Europe's frozen food sector. Where might it look next?
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September.
Stefan Kirk, of M&A advisors Glenboden, casts his eye over the food industry landscape and suggests the deal-making options that could - and should - be available to manufacturers.
Global FMCG analysts IRI gives you key insight into the trends and issues facing the food sector.
In a regular column, just-food contributing editor Ben Cooper chews over how the industry is tackling issues from obesity to labelling and from child labour to its environmental impact.
The verdict from global analysts on major company news
Exclusive data highlighting the price of brands and own-label products in key categories across Europe and the US. Compiled in association with industry analysts IRI.
We look at the potential suitors when food manufacturers or retailers are up for sale - or put forward as possible takeover targets.
just-food examines executives on the move
Coverage and analysis of the world's fastest-growing emerging markets
We put the latest CSR moves under the microscope.
The just-food team check out the latest goings-on among food retailers.
Dean Best's views on the industry's hot issues.
Which manufacturers, retailers or issues are grabbing the headlines?
Food companies discuss and dissect their latest results.
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- CP Foods "halves growth target on Thai slowdown"
- B&G Foods "front-runner to buy General Mills' Green Giant"
- Dole CEO David Murdock faces investor payout on takeover
- More lawsuits allege US canned tuna price-fixing
- Cricketer Farm set to end cheese production
- Dairy Crest pulls artificial ingredients from Clover
- Sales down but profits up at Savencia Fromage & Dairy
- Scandi Standard mixed H1 profits
- Bob Evans Farms names executive chair
- Avangardco runs up H1 loss on writedown, sales slump
- Ukraine poultry firm MHP touts "stable" H1 profits
- Candyking sales, profits tumble in H1
- Food industry quotes of the week - Just Mayo, Mengniu, VSI
- McKee Foods rolls out protein snack bars
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis