Asia-Pacific’s food industry saw a drop of 13.79% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Alpha JWC Ventures, Bits x Bites, EDBI, GGV Capital, K3 Ventures, MPL Ventures and Temasek Investments’ $100m venture financing deal with Next Gen Foods, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 food industry deals worth $142.7m were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 29 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 17 transactions, representing a 68% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with five deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 20% and 12% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s food industry with $140.71m, followed by M&A deals totalled $1.97m.
Asia-Pacific food industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 94.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $135.18m, against the overall value of $142.7m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha JWC Ventures,Bits x Bites,EDBI,GGV Capital,K3 Ventures,MPL Ventures and Temasek Investments $100m venture financing deal with Next Gen Foods
2) The $26.01m venture financing of DAIZ by Global Brain,Investment Lab,Marui Group,Mitsubishi Chemical,Nisshin Foods Holdings,Sumitomo Mitsui Marine Capital,T Hasegawa,The Monogatari and Toyo Seikan Group Holdings
3) Fanhua $5.53m venture financing deal with Degishi Catering
4) The $1.97m acquisition of 24% stake in Guangdong Dishengli Green Food by Guangdong Dcenti Auto Parts
5) CJ CheilJedang,Partech Ventures and Strong Ventures $1.66m venture financing deal with Econique
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.