Europe’s food industry saw a drop of 16% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Advent International’s $1.1bn acquisition of Irca, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 food industry deals worth $1.2bn were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 25 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 12 transactions, representing a 57.1% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with five deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 23.8% and 19.05% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s food industry with $1.1bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $37.48m and $22.13m, respectively.
Europe food industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $1.16bn, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International $1.1bn private equity deal with Irca
2) The $29.01m venture financing of Umiami by Astanor Ventures,French Partners,French Tech Seed,Newfund Capital,Redalpine Venture Partners and Verso Capital
3) Humble Group $22.13m acquisition deal with Go Superfoods
4) The $8m venture financing of Planetary by Blue Horizon Corporation,Nucleus Capital and XAnge Capital
5) Guinness Asset Management $1.43m private equity deal with The White Rabbit Pizza