Led by $104.51m acquisition of Bunge Loders Croklaan Group, Europe’s food industry saw a rise of 1.59% in cross border deal activity during Q3 2022, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 cross border deals worth $320.7m were announced for the region during Q3 2022, against the last four-quarter average of 31.50 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in Q3 2022 with 16 deals, representing a 50% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was venture financing with ten deals, followed by private equity deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 31.3% and 18.8% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s food industry with $157.01m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $99.97m and $63.67m, respectively.
Europe food industry cross border deals in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five food cross border deals accounted for a 91.2% share of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $292.37m, against the overall value of $320.7m recorded for the quarter.
1) IOI Corp’s $104.51m acquisition deal for 10% stake in Bunge Loders Croklaan Group
2) The $71.7m venture financing of Planted Foods by ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer
3) Premier Foods’s $52.5m acquisition deal with The Spice Tailor
4) The $48.7m private equity of Hima Seafood by JLEN Environmental Assets Group
5) Pelham Long/Short Small Cap Master Fund’s $14.97m private equity deal for 10% stake in Atlantic Sapphire