Europe’s food industry saw a rise of 36% in deal activity during September 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer’s $71.7m venture financing deal with Planted Foods, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 34 food industry deals worth $112.4m were announced for the region in September 2022, against the 12-month average of 25 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in September 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 47.1% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 15 deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 44.1% and 8.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s food industry with $111.28m, followed by M&A deals totalled $1.16m.
Europe food industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 87.6% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $98.49m, against the overall value of $112.4m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer’s $71.7m venture financing deal with Planted Foods
2) The $12.14m venture financing of Standing Ovation by Astanor Ventures, Big Idea Ventures, Good Startup, PeakBridge and Seventure Partners
3) PeakBridge and Roquette Ventures’s $6.04m venture financing deal with Rival Foods
4) The $5m venture financing of Bettr Egg by BayWa, Bernhard Van Lengerich, Green Generation Fund, Martin Weber and Stephan Hentsche
5) Joint Journey, Rinat Salikhov and Voskhod Capital’s $3.6m venture financing deal with Qummy
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.