Cooke’s $1.01bn acquisition deal with Tassal Group was the food industry’s biggest cross border deal of Q3 2022 as cross border deals worth $3.2bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 21.03% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $4.09bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 23.24% with 71 deals in Q3 2022 against the average of 92.50 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.62bn.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
food industry cross border deals in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five food industry cross border deals accounted for 83.3% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.69bn, against the overall value of $3.2bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five food industry cross border deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cooke’s $1.01bn acquisition deal with Tassal Group
2) The $950m private equity of TreeHouse Foods by Investindustrial
3) PAG Asia Capital’s $472m private equity deal with Patties Foods and Vesco Foods
4) The $150m venture financing of Emergy Food by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cultivate Next, Grosvenor Food & AgTech, Revolution Growth and Wellington ManagementLLP
5) Kerry Group’s $107.5m asset transaction deal with The Kraft Heinz