Total Food industry deals worth $3.2bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 460.9% over the previous month of $567m and a flat growth when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.18bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 21.98% with 71 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 91 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $1.75bn in April 2022.
Food industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 92% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $2.93bn, against the overall value of $3.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five Food industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition deal with S.A. de and Ricolino
2) The $1.1bn private equity of Irca by Advent International
3) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
4) The $69.46m acquisition of 90% stake in Arabian Food Industries by Expedition Investments
5) Hahn & $60.75m private equity deal for 95% stake with MyChef