Total food industry deals worth $444.2m were announced globally for January 2022, with the $135m venture financing of Redefine Meat being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 90.5% over the previous month of $4.68bn and a drop of 86.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.37bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 15.38% with 77 deals in January 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 91 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $225.29m in January 2022.
food industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 74.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $330.3m, against the overall value of $444.2m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $135m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat
2) The $83m acquisition of Tasty9 by Fresh Easy
3) NewQuest Capital Partners and Premji Invest $68.14m venture financing deal with iD Fresh Food (India)Ltd.
4) The $28.43m venture financing of La Vie Foods by Bleu Capital,CapAgro Innovation,Entrepreneur First,Natalie Portman,Oyster Bay,ParTech (France) and Seventure Partners
5) Shanghai Linqi,Yisan Capital and Zhengxingu Capital $15.73m venture financing deal with Pei Jie