Total food industry deals worth $563.9m were announced globally for March 2022, with China Youran Dairy Group $154.31m acquisition deal for 27.2% stake in Wholesome Harvest being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 50.1% over the previous month of $1.13bn and a drop of 83.02% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.32bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 20.65% with 73 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 92 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $257.35m in March 2022.
food industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 77.2% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $435.01m, against the overall value of $563.9m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Youran Dairy Group $154.31m acquisition deal for 27.2% stake in Wholesome Harvest
2) The $150m venture financing of Delightful Gourmet by Aman Gupta,Amansa Capital,Axis Growth Avenues AIF- I,Haresh Chawla,Kotak Private Equity Group,Nikhil Kamath and Nithin Kamath
3) Jeongyookgak $74.7m acquisition deal of 99.57% stake in The Chorocmaeul
4) The $34m venture financing of Finless Foods by At One Ventures,Dainichi,Draper Associates,Gaingels,Hanwha Solutions,Humboldt,Justin Kan,Olive Tree Capital,SOSV Investments and Sustainable Ocean Alliance
5) Acequia Capital Management,Happiness Capital,Manta Ray Ventures,Redalpine Venture Partners,Stray Dog Capital and Vorwerk Nippon $22m venture financing deal with Better Dairy