Total food industry deals worth $836.4m were announced globally for February 2022, with the $228.25m acquisition of Shinsegae Food being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 46.7% over the previous month of $1.57bn and a drop of 75.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.38bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 23.91% with 70 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 92 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $609.66m in February 2022.
How well do you really know you competitors?
Access the most comprehensive company profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
food industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 71.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $594.83m, against the overall value of $836.4m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Emart America $228.25m acquisition deal with SHINSEGAE FOOD
2) The $100m acquisition of 4505 Meats by Benestar Brands
3) Alpha JWC Ventures,Bits x Bites,EDBI,GGV Capital,K3 Ventures,MPL Ventures and Temasek Investments $100m venture financing deal with Next Gen Foods
4) The $100m venture financing of Wildtype by Bezos Expeditions,Cargill Ventures,Charles River Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,L Catterton,Leonardo DiCaprio,S2G Ventures,Spark Capital and Temasek Investments
5) Western BakeriesLtd. $66.58m acquisition of 25% stake in Modern Food IndustriesLtd.