Total Food industry M&A deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in April 2022, led by Mondelez International’s $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 449.2% over the previous month of $271.29m and a drop of 29.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.12bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.3bn. At the country level, the Mexico topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.3bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Food industry M&A deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in April 2022 was India with five deals, followed by the China with two and Japan with two.
In 2022, as of April, Food M&A deals worth $2.51bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 29.5% year on year.
Food industry M&A deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 99.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five Food M&A deals stood at $1.48bn, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five Food industry M&A deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition deal with S.A. de and Ricolino
2) The $69.46m acquisition of 90% stake in Arabian Food Industries by Expedition Investments
3) Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone $51.89m acquisition deal with Savi Jana Sea Foods
4) The $38m acquisition of Rosen Cheese & Food by S Food
5) Humble Group $22.13m acquisition deal with Go Superfoods