Total food industry M&A deals worth $397.8m were announced globally in February 2022, led by Emart America’s $228.25m acquisition of Shinsegae Food, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 247.4% over the previous month of $114.52m and a drop of 81.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.13bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $329.28m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $328.25m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for food industry M&A deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in February 2022 was the UK with six deals, followed by the US with six and Japan with three.
In 2022, as of February, food M&A deals worth $512.35m were announced globally, marking an increase of 53.02% year on year.
food industry M&A deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five food M&A deals stood at $397.83m, against the overall value of $397.8m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry M&A deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Emart America $228.25m acquisition deal with SHINSEGAE FOOD
2) The $100m acquisition of 4505 Meats by Benestar Brands
3) Western BakeriesLtd. $66.58m acquisition deal for 25% stake in Modern Food IndustriesLtd.
4) The $1.97m acquisition of 24% stake in Guangdong Dishengli Green Food by Guangdong Dcenti Auto Parts
5) Blackhawk Growth $1.03m acquisition of 49% stake in NuWave Foods