The $150m venture financing of Delightful Gourmet was the food industry’s top venture-financing deal as total deals worth $292.6m were announced globally in March 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 39.8% over the previous month of $486.23m and a drop of 48.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $568.97m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $176.06m. At the country level, India topped the list in terms of deal value at $150.64m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 12 deals, followed by China with eight and India with seven.
In 2022, as of March, food venture financing deals worth $1.38bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 7.5% year on year.
Food industry venture-financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five food industry venture financing deals accounted for 80.05% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five food venture financing deals stood at $234.19m, against the overall value of $292.6m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aman Gupta,Amansa Capital,Axis Growth Avenues AIF- I,Haresh Chawla,Kotak Private Equity Group,Nikhil Kamath and Nithin Kamath $150m venture financing deal with Delightful Gourmet
2) The $34m venture financing of Finless Foods by At One Ventures,Dainichi,Draper Associates,Gaingels,Hanwha Solutions,Humboldt,Justin Kan,Olive Tree Capital,SOSV Investments and Sustainable Ocean Alliance
3) Acequia Capital Management,Happiness Capital,Manta Ray Ventures,Redalpine Venture Partners,Stray Dog Capital and Vorwerk Nippon $22m venture financing deal with Better Dairy
4) The $15.74m venture financing of NiuLimited by Shenxiong Capital and Xianfeng Changqing
5) Alumni Ventures Group,E2JDJ,OurCrowd,Pitango HealthTech,Smart Agro Fund,State of Mind Ventures,TechAviv Founder Partners and Unovis Asset Management $12.45m venture financing deal with Plantish