The $71.7m venture financing of Planted Foods was the food industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $302.5m were announced globally in September 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 34.2% over the previous month of $225.46m and a drop of 35.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $471.4m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $118.69m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $95.12m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in September 2022 was the US with nine deals, followed by the China with seven and India with five.
In 2022, as of September, food venture financing deals worth $3.8bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 12.3% year on year.
food industry venture financing deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five food industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.6% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five food venture financing deals stood at $131.85m, against the overall value of $302.5m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry venture financing deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer’s $71.7m venture financing deal with Planted Foods
2) The $20m venture financing of Wicked Kitchen by Ahimsa VC, NPRT and Woody Harrelson
3) British International Investment, Rainmatter Foundation and Venture Dairy’s $15m venture financing deal with Akshayakalpa Farms and FoodsLtd
4) The $13m venture financing of Bachan’s by Destin Daniel Cretton, New Fare Partners, Pat Tenore, Prelude Growth Partners and Sonoma Brands
5) Astanor Ventures, Big Idea Ventures, Good Startup, PeakBridge and Seventure Partners’s $12.14m venture financing deal with Standing Ovation