The $135m venture financing of Redefine Meat was the food industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $344.2m were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 27.6% over the previous month of $475.16m and a drop of 32.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $509.8m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $142.29m. At the country level, the Israel topped the list in terms of deal value at $135m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the China with 11 deals, followed by the India with four and the UK with three.
In 2022, as of January, food venture financing deals worth $344.16m were announced globally, marking an increase of 34.1% year on year.
food industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five food industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five food venture financing deals stood at $262.98m, against the overall value of $344.2m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $135m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat
2) The $68.14m venture financing of iD Fresh Food (India)Ltd. by NewQuest Capital Partners and Premji Invest
3) Bleu Capital,CapAgro Innovation,Entrepreneur First,Natalie Portman,Oyster Bay,ParTech (France) and Seventure Partners $28.43m venture financing deal with La Vie Foods
4) The $15.73m venture financing of Pei Jie by Shanghai Linqi,Yisan Capital and Zhengxingu Capital
5) Joy Capital,Lightspeed China Partners,Primavera Capital Group,Yunjiu Capital and Zeng Ming $15.68m venture financing deal with Shenzhen Zhou Zero Food Technology