Total food industry venture financing deals worth $959.2m were announced globally in Q3 2022, led by Cornerstone Institutional Investors’s $200m venture financing deal with FreshRealm, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 35.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.48bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $567m in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $558.54m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2022 was the US with 32 deals, followed by India with 17 and China with 16.
In 2022, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $959.2m were announced globally in food industry, marking a decrease of 12.3% year on year.
venture financing deals in food industry in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in food industry accounted for 56.5% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $542.2m, against the overall value of $959.2m recorded for the quarter.
The top five food industry venture financing deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cornerstone Institutional Investors’s $200m venture financing deal with FreshRealm
2) The $150m venture financing of Emergy Food by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Cultivate Next, Grosvenor Food & AgTech, Revolution Growth and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) ACE Ventures, Be8 Ventures Management, ETH Zurich Foundation, Gullspang Re:Food, Joyance Partners, L Catterton, Movendo Technology, Tengelmann Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and Yann Sommer’s $71.7m venture financing deal with Planted Foods
4) The $65.5m venture financing of Oatside by GGV Capital and Temasek Holdings (Private)
5) Beacon Funding, Brener International Group LLC , Creadev, Desert Bloom Food Ventures, Gullspang Re:Food, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Kimbal Musk, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and Libra Foundation’s $55m venture financing deal with Everytable