The $100m venture financing of Next Gen Foods was the food industry’s top venture-financing deal as total deals worth $427.1m were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 70.3% over the previous month of $1.44bn and a drop of 30.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $611.56m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $280.38m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $280.38m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 13 deals, followed by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) with five and Australia with three.
In 2022, as of February, food venture financing deals worth $1.86bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 345.1% year on year.
food industry venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five food industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five food venture financing deals stood at $327.01m, against the overall value of $427.1m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha JWC Ventures,Bits x Bites,EDBI,GGV Capital,K3 Ventures,MPL Ventures and Temasek Investments $100m venture financing deal with Next Gen Foods
2) The $100m venture financing of Wildtype by Bezos Expeditions,Cargill Ventures,Charles River Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,L Catterton,Leonardo DiCaprio,S2G Ventures,Spark Capital and Temasek Investments
3) Kristen Bell,Manna Tree Partners and SemCap $64m venture financing deal with good culture
4) The $37m venture financing of Zero Acre Farms by Collaborative Fund,Dan Barber,Footprint Coalition Ventures,Lowercarbon Capital,S2G Ventures and Virgin Group
5) Global Brain,Investment Lab,Marui Group,Mitsubishi Chemical,Nisshin Foods Holdings,Sumitomo Mitsui Marine Capital,T Hasegawa,The Monogatari and Toyo Seikan Group Holdings $26.01m venture financing deal with DAIZ