Led by $2.9bn acquisition of Clif Bar &, North America’s food industry saw a drop of 36.29% in deal activity during Q2 2022, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 61 deals worth $5.4bn were announced for the region during Q2 2022, against the last four-quarter average of 95.75 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in Q2 2022 with 34 deals, representing a 55.7% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 20 deals, followed by private equity deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 32.8% and 11.5% share of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s food industry with $4.42bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $704.52m and $250m, respectively.
North America food industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for a 94.3% share of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.07bn, against the overall value of $5.4bn recorded for the quarter.
1) Mondelez International $2.9bn acquisition deal with Clif Bar &
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino by Mondelez International
3) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
4) The $250m private equity of Cuisine Solutions by Bain Capital
5) J&J Snack Foods $222m acquisition deal with Dippin’? Dots