The board of Philippine food and beverage group RFM Corp has revealed its approval for the launch of a joint venture with Taiwan-based Uni-President Enterprises Corp.

The resulting venture, to be 35% owned by RFM, will manufacture instant noodles. The remaining 65% will be controlled by Uni-President, a food processor.