Meat producer Cherkizovo has begun building two new greenfield pork farms in the Tambov and Voronezh regions of Central Russia.

The investment is expected to cost approximately US$110m, with around 20% to be funded by Cherkizovo and the remaining 80% with bank loans.

The new complexes will house 4,800 sows and will each have an estimated full capacity of 12,500 tonnes of live-weight pork per year.

The company plans to launch the new sites’ breeding facilities in the first half of 2011 and the rearing and fattening facilities will come on-stream during 2011. The complexes are expected to reach their full capacity by the end of 2012.

The new sites are close to Cherkizovo Group’s existing pork production and processing facilities in the Penza and Tambov regions.

“The Russian pork market remains highly fragmented; only 53% of production is on an industrial level, while greenfield production is even lower. Our preference for greenfield construction allows us to build highly efficient new farms that meet modern international standards,” said Cherkizovo Group CEO Sergey Mikhailov.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.