Sweden-based confectioners Cloetta and Leaf International have completed their merger, which will create a company generating annual sales of SEK5.7bn (US$843.5m).

The new group, which will keep the name Cloetta, will manufacture brands including Kexchokolad in Scandinavia, Sportlife in the Netherlands and Sperlari in Italy.

Investors in Cloetta will hold 42.4% of the combined company. Leaf’s shareholders, the private-equity groups CVC and Nordic Capital, will hold the remaining 57.6%.

Leaf CEO Bengt Baron has been named as CEO and president of the new company. Cloetta chief executive Curt Petri will retire after over 20 years at the business and its predecessor Cloetta Fazer.

For analysis of the deal, which was announced in December, click here.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.