Thai Union International, part of the Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) fish processing group has formed a new subsidiary in the US, the Bangkok Post has reported.

Thai Union International will have a 70% stake in the US company, which will trade as Tri-Union Frozen Food Products, LLC (Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods), with the remaining 30% controlled by Diversified Food Products, LLC. It will have an initial registered capital of US$3m.

The new company will capitalise on TUF’s existing infrastructure, TUF’s president Thiraphong Chansiri said, including production, packaging and distribution channels, and the strength of the Chicken of the Sea brand.  It will market premium frozen and refrigerated seafood products to both foodservice and retail sectors.

Bryan Rosenberg has been appointed as the new company’s president and CEO.