For the last 14 years, IRI has published its New Product Pacesetters report, an analysis that showcases the ten best-selling new food and beverage products in the US.
In 2008, IRI said US food and drink manufactures had been faced with “unprecedented challenges” but that a clutch of brands had thrived despite the downturn.
Last year, home dining and indulgence were two key trends among the more successful new products.
For our interview with IRI’s Anne Berlack on the report’s findings, published yesterday (31 March), click here.
For the time being, here is the list of the best-selling ten new food and beverage products in the US last year.
2008 New Product Pacesetters: Top 10 Food & Beverage Brands (US$s in millions)
(Total year-one dollar sales across food, drug, mass channels, excluding Wal-Mart)
1. Gatorade’s low-calorie beverage G2. Sales = $159m
2. Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee. Sales = $112m
3. Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. Sales = $95m
4. Progresso Light. Sales = $75m
5. Hormel Compleats. Sales = $71m
6. DiGiorno Ultimate. Sales = $61m
7. Smirnoff Ice Flavors. Sales = $61m
8. Pepsi Max. Sales = $61m
9. Tyson Any’Tizers. Sales = $59m
10. Doritos Collisions. Sales = $58m