The kitchen of a house in Dorset was left in ruins after a bottle of out-of-date salad dressing exploded.


Ann Britten of West Bay, near Bridport, and husband Geoffrey retuned home to a scene of devastation in their kitchen after the bottle had exploded with such force that the fridge door was sent flying into the Brittens’ kitchen door.


The bottle then smashed through a window and ended up 20ft down the garden. The force of the explosion also pushed out part of the kitchen wall.


It is thought that the coconut and lemon-grass dressing had fermented, causing a build up of gases, reported the Western Daily Press.