View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
May 1, 2012updated 06 Apr 2021 5:31pm

US: DuPont takes control of Solae from Bunge

US chemicals group DuPont has acquired full ownership of soy ingredients maker Solae from joint-owner Bunge for around US$440m.

US chemicals group DuPont has acquired full ownership of soy ingredients maker Solae from joint-owner Bunge for around US$440m.

DuPont previously owned 72% of the joint venture while agribusiness giant Bunge owned the remaining 28%.

There were reports in September last year that Solae’s owners had started to examine options for the business, which the two companies set up in 2003. However, the companies had declined to comment.

DuPont executive VP James Borel said today (1 May): “This investment in Solae, along with the acquisition of Danisco last year, has significantly added to our leadership position in food ingredients. Solae’s scientific expertise and market leadership in soy is a critical element in our plans to enhance the quality and quantity of food for a growing global population.”

Solae, which is based in the US city of St Louis, makes ingredients for food manufacturers in sectors including the bakery and dairy industries.

Bunge CFO Drew Burke said the sale enables it to “redeploy capital” into its core businesses.

“Solae has created great value during the past nine years, and is well-positioned for future success,” he added.

Related Companies

Topics in this article: , , , ,
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every other month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Just Food