Whether you’re north or south of the border, taunt your taste buds with this spicy and sweet mouthwatering treat. A cool whirlwind of Honey Apple Cinnamon Tortillas and vanilla ice cream makes this sundae the best way to have fun in the hot sun. Ole’!
The recipe for Apple Cinnamon Tortilla Sundae and 13 other delicious ice cream dessert creations are available in a free booklet from Blue Bunny by calling 800-331-0830 or visiting the company’s web site at www.bluebunny.com.
Apple Cinnamon Tortilla Sundae
* 4 (8-inch) Honey Apple Cinnamon flour tortillas
* 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
* 4 scoops of Blue Bunny Premium Homemade Vanilla ice cream
* 1 cup apple pie filling
* 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
* Soften tortillas as indicated on the package.
* Brush one side of each tortilla with honey or maple syrup.
* Place each tortilla (dry side down) in a 5- or 6-inch oven safe bowl.
* Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until a deep golden brown.
* Remove and let cool.
* Place a scoop of ice cream in each tortilla cup.
* Top each cup with 1/4 cup apple pie filling.
* Sprinkle with a small amount of pecans and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
* Makes 4 servings
Blue Bunny is a brand of Wells’ Dairy Inc., which was founded in 1913 and is one of the few remaining family-owned and managed dairy processors in the United States. There are more than 500 Blue Bunny-branded products, including ice cream and frozen novelties. Blue Bunny products can be found across the United States and in 30 foreign countries.