Ross Systems (Nasdaq: ROSS) today announced its Resynt e-business product family for process industries including food, beverage, chemical, pharmaceutical, paper and metals. Tightly integrated with the inward-facing enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications from Ross Systems, the Resynt products leverage the Internet for outward-facing business-to-business (B2B) solutions to strengthen relationships with suppliers, be more responsive to customers, collaborate along the supply chain, expand to new markets, and improve employee satisfaction.
The Resynt product family is a comprehensive digital marketplace suite spanning procurement, sales, collaboration and employee productivity. The suite incorporates Ross Systems’ in-depth understanding of process industries, leverages industry standard technologies and includes best practices from more than 3,400 customers.
The Resynt solutions are all designed to complement, leverage, and integrate with Ross Systems’ Internet-enabled iRenaissance ERP suite of products and the Renaissance Classic financial applications. Alternatively, the suite can be implemented stand alone, or integrated with other ERP systems. Taken as a whole, Ross Systems’ enterprise solutions make business management easier and more efficient, while providing quick return on investment.
“Our new Resynt products will help our customers use the power of the Internet in their businesses in a meaningful way and interact with prospects, customers, suppliers, trading exchanges, and employees,” said Ross Systems CEO and President J. Patrick (Pat) Tinley. “The Resynt family is the perfect complement to our Internet-enabled ERP system.”
Now available are:
* Resynt.commerce, a comprehensive B2B sell-side e-commerce application.Included in this application is a customer self-service portal which gives buyers access to key information like order and shipping status,billing and payment data, product catalog, inventory availability and price information. Resynt.commerce also allows buyers to place orders directly over the web, and it contains business rules and proprietary logic tuned to the needs of B2B.
* Resynt.procure, a complete buy-side B2B product that helps companies cut costs and improve productivity across their purchasing functions.Resynt.procure allows customers to use pre-built catalogs,requisitioning, approval, and workflow capabilities to significantly impact the cost of indirect or operating resources management(ORM)purchasing. Resynt.procure will also provide connectivity to certain markets for the web-based procurement of direct materials used in the manufacturing process.
* Resynt.collaborate allows manufacturing companies to collaborate over the web across their supply chain. This covers both upstream customer and downstream supplier collaboration so that a company can handle demand-planning issues.Resynt.collaborate offers multi-level forecasting and vendor managed inventory (VMI). With a graphical drag
and drop design, manufacturing and production issues such as finite
capacity scheduling, capacity to promise (CTP) and available to promise
(ATP) are also addressed.
* Resynt.employee provides significant web-based services to employees and managers in areas such as benefits, human resources, travel and expense reporting, payroll, and so on. Tight integration to the back office applications means that customers can deploy appropriate functions onto the web on demand while ensuring that data and transactions are handled once and in an integrated fashion.
* Resynt.connect is the common engine and conduit used to handle all the requisite data transfer and integration issues. Resynt.connect is
built using de facto Internet standards with extensible mark-up language (XML) as a core technology. Resynt.connect is the common
connectivity engine for integration and data transfer.
About Ross Systems
Ross Systems Inc. provides a family of solutions including our award- winning iRenaissance, Internet-enabled, enterprise management applications and our Resynt e-business solutions for the process manufacturing, healthcare and public sector markets. The Resynt e-business product family includes digital marketplace applications spanning procurement, sales, Internet trading exchange connectivity, collaboration and employee productivity. iRenaissance comprises a broad range of applications including financials, manufacturing, advanced planning, supply-chain management, maintenance management, transportation management, materials management and human resources/payroll. More than 3,400 companies around the world use Ross Systems solutions in open systems environments including NT and UNIX. Ross Systems has more than 60 offices around the world to serve its customers. Ross Systems Inc., Two Concourse Parkway, Suite 800, Atlanta, Georgia, 30328, 770-351-9600, 1-877- ROSS-INC www.rossinc.com.
THIS PRESS RELEASE CONTAINS FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS WITHIN THE MEANING OF SECTION 27A OF THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 AND SECTION 21E OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934. ACTUAL RESULTS COULD DIFFER MATERIALLY FROM THOSE PROJECTED IN THE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS AS A RESULT OF CERTAIN RISKS INCLUDING THAT THE BUSINESS OR PROSPECTS EXPECTED BY THE COMPANY AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY NOT OCCUR.
Resynt and “The business of e-Commerce” are trademarks of Ross systems, Inc. Renaissance and GEMBASE are registered trademarks of Ross Systems, Inc. Throughout this release, software and hardware products are mentioned by name. In most, if not all, cases, these product names are claimed as trademarks by the companies that manufacture the products. It is not our intention to claim these names or trademarks as our own.