Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
May 22, 2015

Weetabix gets new private-equity investor

Baring Private Equity Asia has struck a deal to buy 40% of UK-based cereal group Weetabix.

By Beth Wright

Baring Private Equity Asia has struck a deal to buy 40% of UK-based cereal group Weetabix, just-food understands.

China's Bright Food, which owns 60% of Weetabix, has acquired the other 40% of the business from UK-based private-equity firm Lion Capital and sold on the shares to Baring.

Related Companies

Content from our partners
GMP: The food sector’s golden rules (and how they will evolve)
Food fraud in the supply chain (and how to fix it)
VEGA level and pressure instrumentation for the food industry
Topics in this article: , , ,
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every other month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU