Food processing technology manufacturer Flavourtech was honoured to host a delegation from Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) last month at their Australian headquarters.
Located in the regional NSW town of Griffith, Flavourtech is a global technology manufacturer specialising in dealcoholisation, aroma recovery, extraction and evaporation solutions for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Their unique technologies are exported to over 60 countries around the world and include the well-known Spinning Cone Column (SCC) which is widely used in the production of instant coffee as well as reduced-alcohol wines.
Flavourtech’s export success is of interest to DFAT in helping them understand current business and economic situations for key regions and sectors of the Australian economy. The visit included a tour of Flavourtech’s manufacturing facilities and pilot plant and was particularly focused on current international trade challenges. Flavourtech’s Leadership Team gave the delegation an insight into trade disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and problems in accessing overseas markets as well as logistics and supply chain challenges.
Flavourtech would like to thank Litonya Shallcross (Assistant Director, Trade Advocacy Section, DFAT), Stephen Di Lorenzo (assistant director, Trade Advocacy Section, DFAT), Nicole Steinweg (business liaison officer, NSW State Office, DFAT) and William Robison (Tradestart/senior export advisor, Investment NSW) for their visit and for taking the time to understand the challenges and advantages of being an Australian regional exporter.
For information on the following Flavourtech innovations visit www.flavourtech.com
- Spinning Cone Column (SCC) – For recovery of high-quality aroma/deodourisation/alcohol recovery from various liquid products, purees, and slurries.
- Centritherm® Evaporator – For concentration of heat-sensitive and/or viscous products.
- Rotating Disc Column (RDC) – A continuous and efficient extraction column for soluble coffee.
- Integrated Extraction System (IES) – An automated processing line for Instant & RTD Tea or Coffee.
- Resin Adsorption Column – For the production of zero-alcohol beverages.
- Aquaporin – Forward Osmosis systems for the concentration of natural aromas.