OPTEL delivers innovative vision systems and traceability technologies for the food processing industry.
The company’s Intelligent Supply Chain® (ISC) platform provides the transparency and granular data that food companies need to secure their supply chains, optimise their performance and earn customer trust.
Supply chain track-and-trace solutions for food processing applications
Supported by 30 years of experience, OPTEL has become a recognised global leader in supply chain track-and-trace technology.
With more than 4,000 solutions deployed around the world, our market-leading expertise and knowledge of the manufacturing process can help food producers to secure their supply chains and achieve their compliance and efficiency goals.
OPTEL’s Intelligent Supply Chain® platform
Leveraging our full-stack track-and-trace technologies, the Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud computing and artificial intelligence, OPTEL has developed the ISC to deliver true end-to-end traceability, tracking physical products from raw materials to the consumer and beyond.
OPTEL’s powerful platform is interoperable, agnostic, modular and scalable to meet a range of specific needs and objectives.
Our value proposal includes:
- Item-level track-and-trace
- Supply chain risk-management and optimisation
- Real-time supply chain visibility
- Improved forecasting
- Improved recall efficiency
- Inventory management
- Food quality and safety guarantee
- Anti-fraud and anti-counterfeiting solutions
- Brand protection
- Consumer engagement
- Packaging circularity efficiency
- Tax compliance solutions
- Analytics reporting (OEE)
- Local 24/7 support for all your solutions
With its headquarters in Quebec City, Canada, OPTEL supports large-scale deployments of world-class ISC software and hardware solutions.
By delivering smarter supply chains, OPTEL aims to build a more sustainable world, enabling companies to gain greater transparency and efficiency in their supply chains while also guiding consumers towards sustainable purchasing habits.
Our key achievements include:
- In 1992, OPTEL developed one of the first industrial vision systems.
- From 2011 to 2018, OPTEL held 25% of the global track-and-trace market with more than $600m in cumulative sales
- From 2014 to 2017, we became international, with plants in Ireland, India and Brazil
- In 2016, OPTEL began developing the ISC Platform with the goal of solving societal and business problems
- In 2019, we established a Canadian AI Supercluster for supply chains, with more than $300m in funding
- Our ISC currently tracks more than 15 billion products each year and engages 300,000 smallholder suppliers and 15 million consumers around the world
To learn more about OPTEL and the ISC platform or discuss which of our track-and-trace or vision solutions would be right for you, please contact us by filling out the enquiry form on this page.